SF Bay Area
On Saturday, September 21, 2019, the SF Bay Area chapter held its annual gala at the iconic Hotel Fairmont in San Jose to celebrate and support Pratham’s work in India. The event also recognized technology company Western Digital, which has supporting Pratham digital programs in the urban communities of Bangalore.
“It is wonderful to see the community come together to support Pratham,” said Chapter President Umesh Singh of the sold-out event. “Their generosity has enabled us to help Pratham expand its...
On September 29, 2018, the SF Bay Area chapter hosted its annual fundraising gala at the Palo Alto Hills Golf & Country Club. More than 300 guests attended the event, which raised $1.2 million toward the chapter’s goal of $2 million by the end of the year.
Google CEO Sundar Pichai, who was on hand to accept the chapter’s inaugural Corporate Leadership Award, commended Pratham for taking a rigorous approach to children’s learning and explained the similarities between the two organizations,...
A recent article in the Times of India highlights the success of our partnership with the government of Karnataka. Pratham has been working with the state since 2016 to provide supplementary learning assistance to fourth and fifth graders. The program, called Read Karnataka, employs our Teaching at the Right Level methodology in approximately 800 government schools throughout the state, primarily in rural areas.
Rigorous data collection over the course of the 60-day intervention show that children’s abilities in grades four and...
In an informative article that appeared in the recent issue of Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR), authors William F. Meehan III and Kim Starkey Jonker discuss the difficulties many nonprofits face when attempting to scale up, and the qualities necessary for an organization to expand its impact successfully.
“Earning the Right to Scale,” Meehan and Jonker argue, “takes place as the culmination of a deep, long-term commitment to strategic leadership.” According to the authors, “One organization that exemplifies strategic leadership is Pratham,...
On January 18, 2018, Pratham released the 12th Annual Status of Education Report (ASER). The comprehensive report examines the status of learning in rural communities, where most of the nation’s poor reside. In contrast to previous years, which have focused on children aged 3 to 16, this year’s report, called “Beyond Basics,” surveyed youth between the ages of 14 and 18. This age group is the first generation to have finished eight years of school since India’s Right to Education...
- Ravikrishna Cherukuri
- Diana and Arjun Divecha
- Subha and Kris Rajana
- Deborah Weisser and Ben Gomes
- Aarthi Balagopalan and Balagopalan Ramakrishnan
- Sonal and Kislay Banka
- Ari Daman and Srinivas Narayanan
- Megha and Alok Garg
- Rishab Ghosh
- Vidhya Gopalakrishnan and Sathya Thayagaraj
- Sanjiv Goyal and Amit Kumar Goel
- Anupama Shekhar and Daniel Gross
- Samira & Senthil Hariramasamy
- Chinar Kapoor and Rohit Mittal
- Vineet Kapur
- Padma Kuditipudi and Venkatram (KV Rao)
- Parvathi Nackeeran and Nackeeran Narayanan
- Sukanya and Omkaram Nalamasu
- Rohini and Suneil Parulekar
- Ragini and Rajan Raghavan
- Shanthi Rajan
- Neerja and Vas Raman
- Amar Rao
- Medha Rishi and Alok Budhwar
- Candy and Puneet Sarna
- Sahaja Sarathay and Sathyam Mandra
- Shara Senior and Swapnil Deopurkar
- Niraj and Umesh Singh
- Subha and Soma Somasundaram
- Charlene and Sanjay Srivastava
- Shanti Subramanian and AGK Karunakaran
- Sundi Sundaresh
- Smita and Shashidhar Thakur
- Archana and Uresh Vahalia
- Suja Viswesan and Vijyanand Sankrarsubramainan