SF Bay Area
Pratham Education Foundation has been selected as one of the 34 initiatives worldwide to receive funding support from the Google.org Impact Challenge for Women and Girls.
The Google.org Impact Challenge for Women and Girls commits $25 million to fund organizations creating pathways to prosperity for women and girls. Over 7,800 applications were submitted by organizations from across the world and were reviewed by a panel of experts from several sectors, after which 34 initiatives were chosen.
Pratham will receive USD$1 million in...
Pratham CEO Dr. Rukmini Banerji has been awarded the 2021 Yidan Prize for Education Development – the world’s highest education accolade – for her work in improving learning outcomes.
The Yidan Prize is an inclusive education award that recognizes individuals or teams who have contributed significantly to the theory and practice of education. It consists of two prizes, working in harmony: the Yidan Prize for Education Research and the Yidan Prize for Education Development. Professor Eric A. Hanushek, Paul and Jean...
An article that appeared in The Economist on April 10th offers a glimpse into how Pratham’s Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) methodology is being implemented in Africa to help students catch up in the wake of Covid-19.
The impact of school closures on learning has been devastating—disproportionately impacting underresourced communities, widening learning gaps and exacerbating inequality. According to the author, “Pupils in many poor countries have long been learning shockingly little. In Botswana only about half of ten-year olds can...
On Saturday, December 12, 2020, Pratham hosted its holiday event, ‘Spirit of Giving.’ It was an evening filled with music, merriment and more – all in support of Pratham’s Digital Learning Villages initiative. The event was watched by over 300 guests. The world’s first South Asian a cappella group, Penn Masala, kicked off the evening on a musical note with a lively performance, and the evening wrapped up with stand-up comedian, Amit Tandon’s, hilarious act. You can view the recording...
“Education is a hard enough space to begin with. To bring it to rural India where you can’t take anything for granted is harder. And you have to figure out how technology can impact at scale people who might only have access to a radio, TV or SMS.”
– Pradeep Singh, Pratham USA Vice-Chairman
The COVID-19 crisis has left 300 million Indian children out of school, exacerbating existing learning gaps and creating greater inequality. In March, when schools across the...
- Ravikrishna Cherukuri
- Diana and Arjun Divecha
- Subha and Kris Rajana
- Deborah Weisser and Ben Gomes
- Aarthi Balagopalan and Balagopalan Ramakrishnan
- Sonal and Kislay Banka
- Sharada Chandrasekaran and Ravi Aringunram
- Rishab Ghosh
- Vidhya Gopalakrishnan and Sathya Thayagaraj
- Sanjiv Goyal and Amit Kumar Goel
- Anupama Shekhar and Daniel Gross
- Samira & Senthil Hariramasamy
- Chinar Kapoor and Rohit Mittal
- Vineet Kapur
- Padma Kuditipudi and Venkatram (KV Rao)
- Parvathi Nackeeran and Nackeeran Narayanan
- Sukanya and Omkaram Nalamasu
- Srinivas Narayanan
- Rohini and Suneil Parulekar
- Radha Penekalpati
- Shanthi Rajan
- Neerja and Vas Raman
- Amar Rao
- Medha Nicky Rishi and Varun Badhwar
- Vijayanand Sankarasubramanian
- Candy and Puneet Sarna
- Sahaja Sarathay and Sathyam Mandra
- Shara Senior and Swapnil Deopurkar
- Niraj and Umesh Singh
- Subha and Soma Somasundaram
- Charlene and Sanjay Srivastava
- Shanti Subramanian and AGK Karunakaran
- Smita and Shashidhar Thakur
- Archana and Uresh Vahalia
- Ruta and Vijay Wakharkar