SF Bay Area
On Saturday, December 12, 2020, Pratham hosted its holiday event, ‘Spirit of Giving.’ It was an evening filled with music, merriment and more – all in support of Pratham’s Digital Learning Villages initiative. The event was watched by over 300 guests. The world’s first South Asian a cappella group, Penn Masala, kicked off the evening on a musical note with a lively performance, and the evening wrapped up with stand-up comedian, Amit Tandon’s, hilarious act. You can view the recording...
“Education is a hard enough space to begin with. To bring it to rural India where you can’t take anything for granted is harder. And you have to figure out how technology can impact at scale people who might only have access to a radio, TV or SMS.”
– Pradeep Singh, Pratham USA Vice-Chairman
The COVID-19 crisis has left 300 million Indian children out of school, exacerbating existing learning gaps and creating greater inequality. In March, when schools across the...
On Saturday, July 18, 2020, Pratham hosted its first-ever national gala. More than 1100 supporters from across the US attended the virtual fundraiser, which featured CNN Host and Washington Post columnist Fareed Zakaria, Actor and Producer Anil Kapoor and Singer, Lyricist and Composer Shaan. Dubbed “Pratham Beyond: Make Learning Limitless,” the event raised $2 million, which will provide remote learning to 600,000 children in some of India’s most vulnerable communities across the country.
After welcoming attendees, Pratham USA Chairman Deepak Raj...
On Saturday, September 21, 2019, the SF Bay Area chapter held its annual gala at the iconic Hotel Fairmont in San Jose to celebrate and support Pratham’s work in India. The event also recognized technology company Western Digital, which has supporting Pratham digital programs in the urban communities of Bangalore.
“It is wonderful to see the community come together to support Pratham,” said Chapter President Umesh Singh of the sold-out event. “Their generosity has enabled us to help Pratham expand its...
On September 29, 2018, the SF Bay Area chapter hosted its annual fundraising gala at the Palo Alto Hills Golf & Country Club. More than 300 guests attended the event, which raised $1.2 million toward the chapter’s goal of $2 million by the end of the year.
Google CEO Sundar Pichai, who was on hand to accept the chapter’s inaugural Corporate Leadership Award, commended Pratham for taking a rigorous approach to children’s learning and explained the similarities between the two organizations,...
- Ravikrishna Cherukuri
- Diana and Arjun Divecha
- Subha and Kris Rajana
- Deborah Weisser and Ben Gomes
- Aarthi Balagopalan and Balagopalan Ramakrishnan
- Sonal and Kislay Banka
- Ari Daman and Srinivas Narayanan
- Megha and Alok Garg
- Rishab Ghosh
- Vidhya Gopalakrishnan and Sathya Thayagaraj
- Sanjiv Goyal and Amit Kumar Goel
- Anupama Shekhar and Daniel Gross
- Samira & Senthil Hariramasamy
- Chinar Kapoor and Rohit Mittal
- Vineet Kapur
- Padma Kuditipudi and Venkatram (KV Rao)
- Parvathi Nackeeran and Nackeeran Narayanan
- Sukanya and Omkaram Nalamasu
- Rohini and Suneil Parulekar
- Ragini and Rajan Raghavan
- Shanthi Rajan
- Neerja and Vas Raman
- Amar Rao
- Medha Rishi and Alok Budhwar
- Candy and Puneet Sarna
- Sahaja Sarathay and Sathyam Mandra
- Shara Senior and Swapnil Deopurkar
- Niraj and Umesh Singh
- Subha and Soma Somasundaram
- Charlene and Sanjay Srivastava
- Shanti Subramanian and AGK Karunakaran
- Sundi Sundaresh
- Smita and Shashidhar Thakur
- Archana and Uresh Vahalia
- Suja Viswesan and Vijyanand Sankrarsubramainan